Friday, May 22, 2009

Vision Screening Begins

The vision screening process has begun and I can't tell you the joy that it brings to my heart. The tears of joy ran down my face as I looked at each of these photos. I pray that God would shower His blessings on Dr. Bwonya and his assistants for their sacrificial giving of time and expertise to this project and the children at Smile Africa Ministries. I pray the same blessings for Pastor Ruth Kahawa who gives so much of herself to these children. I confess to God for the sin in my heart as I take so much for granted that He gives to me each day. I am thankful that He has allowed me to be a part of something that has been directed by Him since day one. Thank you to all of you that are praying for this project, donating to the cause that God has ordained. May you be blessed as well. Pray for the facility that will allow us to read the prescription glasses before we leave, and that each one of the children that have a need will be matched up perfectly.



A word from Pastor Ruth Kahawa:

sister Denise,

I am so excited about what is going on, today we had the first screening excercise, you will see Dr.Ben and the other two volunteers who came with him and the children they screened, they will come again on wednesday.other children waited in the class rooms, we are using part of the clinic for classes because of the rains.
the Lord is good all the time.

your sister in Christ,

ruth







No comments:

Post a Comment